Ceramic tile floor options for your home
From the West Coast to the Eastern seaboard, the Canadian border to the Rio Grande – homes have different shapes and sizes, every design and style.
We celebrate every home, and that’s why our primary goal at Southern Woods Flooring is to give you quality ceramic tile flooring products that offer a positive and lasting effect on your home.
Some products beautify your home, improve design and décor, meet your specific comfort, performance, and budget needs. Notably, they are easy to care for and stand the test of time.
To assist in achieving our goal, we give you a library of ceramic tile flooring knowledge, style choices, shopping tips, buying considerations, and upkeep dos and don’ts.
Something Old, But Very New
Ceramic tile has been around for several centuries. Using modern technology, manufacturers have created new design and application possibilities that were not available some years ago.
If you have never lived with ceramic tile before or if it has been a long time since you have done so, you will be surprised at the wide variety of colors, sizes, shapes, and new textures that are now available.
Make it Naturally Beautiful with Natural Ingredients
Ceramic tile is a natural product made up of clay, several other naturally occurring minerals, and water. Glazed ceramic tile has a ceramic coating applied to the tile body that gives the tile its color and finishes. For many people, the glazed ceramic tile is the natural choice for interior floors and walls.
Advantages of Ceramic Tiles
- Durable – a properly installed ceramic tile will outlast and outperform nearly any other floor covering product made for the same application.
- Easy care –Glazed ceramic tile resists stains, odors, and dirt and can be cleaned up with a wet mop, sponge, or common household cleaners. However, do not forget the grout. Keeping your grout dirt free requires frequent cleaning and periodic professional cleaning. Ceramic tiles are a low-maintenance material. However, even glazed tiles are porous and need care and attention, especially in heavy traffic areas.
- Scratch-resistant – Grade III and Grade IV glazed ceramic tiles are particularly resistant to scratches. That implies that you never have to worry about a cut or tear as you do with some other types of floors.
- Environmentally friendly – ceramic tile is manufactured using natural materials that odors, allergens and bacteria cannot penetrate.
- Beautiful and versatile – modern ceramic manufacturing technology has made an unlimited number of colors, sizes, styles, shapes, and textures that will add rich beauty and character to any room’s decor.
- Fire-resistant – ceramic tile does not burn or release toxic fumes. Hot kitchen pans or skillets will not scorch or melt the surface of glazed ceramic tile. That is a comfort when you are preparing food.
- Water-resistant – most glazed ceramic tile has a dense body that allows little or no accumulation of moisture. That implies that spills from common liquids found in a kitchen are not a big concern.
Beautiful tile selections in a bathroom
In summary, ceramic tile is a practical, functional choice for your floors, walls or backsplashes that offers you an exceptional opportunity for self-expression due to its beauty, flexibility, and design potential.
Ceramic tile varieties can range from simple terracotta to individual ceramic tiles creating intricate mosaics. Your choices are almost endless.
Ceramic tile is essential in defining the home’s character, whether it be a simple layout or a decorative patterned design.
The simple geometric design makes ceramic tile easy to install in a variety of sized spaces and in a diverse range of home styles. This explains much of the popularity of ceramic tile throughout history.
The extensive range of colors, textures, sizes, and styles will allow you to reflect your style and create a living space that reflects you and your lifestyle.
Or, you can opt for an understated look with universal appeal that will help add value to your home.
Ceramic tile may be an excellent choice for your home, and we invite you to learn all you need to know in the other ceramic tile sections here, and at our showroom.